Template Mouth-watering Sprites by EZwpthemes from bTemplates. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Night Face Care Routine + Product Review

After posting morning routine, it's only normal to follow that up with a night routine right right riiiiiggggght???

So I'll post that now while I still have a few MB quota left on my modem (CREYYYSSSS)

The same products for 1, 2, 3, and 6, and since I've reviewed the products I'll skipped that (.....) and jump to 4.

HAHAHA okay I'll just mention the name here.

1. Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing Cleansing Oil

2. Hada Labo Gokujyun Ultimate Moisturizing Face Wash

3. Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence

4. Tony Moly Timeless Series: Ferment Snail Toner and
5. Tony Moly Timeless Series: Ferment Snail Emulsion

I bought this in a bundle with the Emulsion, for ₩ 31,000. YES IT IS EXPENSIVE but I guess since it's a 2 bottles deal it's ₩15,000 for one and quite cheap??? (SELF-DEFENSE MODE: ON). It is said that it's made from the secretion of golden snails fed on Golden Tea plants (which, they claimed, is organic green tea plant sprinkled with pure gold colloid as fertilizer or some sort) It is claimed as anti-wrinkle, whitening, and moisturizing. Although I was indecisive on whether I'd use this for myself or gave it to my Mum, in the end, I gave it to my Mum because I haven't bought anything for her save for some mask sheet packs and I feel guilty (DON'T TELL HER PLEASE). Several days before, I got Prestige Creme D'escargot sample from It's Skin and I liked it so much because only one drop of cream can make my skin soft, smooth, dewy, brighter tone, and smaller scars and pores. Plus it protects my skin from the harsh winter wind. However, the price for the actual size is about ₩60,000-ish (SOOOBBBSSSS) and I can't afford that so I've been looking for cheaper alternative of snail treatment products.

My sister said not everyone is suitable for the snail treatment products. On the assumption that the It's Skin snail product is suitable for me (never EVER do this like EVER) I thought it would be suitable for my mother, too. But I didn't buy the It's Skin, instead, I bought Tony Moly because it's cheaper (LOL) and it has bundle promotion so I got the toner and emulsion.

But then my Mum said it's not suitable for her skin. She said first application made her skin soft and smooth, and it felt good, but over the course of a week, it gave burning-scar effect, especially on her forehead area. So it went to me again in the end lol. (emang udah nasibnya kudu buat gue kali yeee)

It's my fault I guess. I didn't pay close attention on whether it has exactly the same ingredients with It's Skin Creme D'Escargot. It's actually has 10-free formula so I think the effect on my Mum's skin isn't from paraben or something. My sister thought perhaps one of the ingredients contains AHA and my Mum's skin is sensitive to AHA. But then, over close inspection, this snail formula is fermented with white rice (...............) (WHY DID YOU JUST REALIZE THIS WHILE IT'S CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE BOX, MIK????) I think my Mum can't stand fermented product.

I just starting to use this Toner and Emulsion for a week, though, so no result seen yet. So far I don't feel any flares or drying or burning sensation upon application. On the contrary, my skin feels dewy, tighten, and looks brighter the next morning. It's still too rich for day use, though, so I only use this for night. We'll see then.

6. Face Oil Mixture (Golden Jojoba Carrier Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, and Frankincense Essential Oil)
I use this after the essence, toner, and emulsion, because water-based products should be used below/before the oil-based products. Since I've written my review of this oil product, I'll skip it.

7. Neem Oil 

I just started using this for... two to three weeks (and not every night because it's smelly as fuck) and let me repeat that, THIS OIL SMELLS NASTY. I knew about Neem Oil's properties since I started learning about natural oils for skincare, but everyone claims the smell is unbearable so I kept rethinking over and over to purchase one and boy, they don't exaggerate the review. When the bottle is opened, the smell is only some kind of strong nutty almond-like smell and although it's really strong (notice how I repeat the word 'strong'?), I can still stand the smell. However, after it's applied to the skin, over the time, it gradually changes into a strong raw onion smell (YUUUUUCCCCKKKSSS) AND DID YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HATE RAW ONIONS???????? IT'S LIKE TEN KILOGRAMS OF RAW ONIONS SLICED AND HUNG UNDER MY NOSE. Even when I drink, I can taste the raw onion smell on my tongue :((

Tapi demi kulit yang lebih baik ya. Akan kujalani cobaan ini.

But the reviews don't lie on the effects, either. It does reduce the redness and size of my inflamed cystic acne, and then dries them. Only, since my acne's growing rate is so fast (I said this on the previous post, didn't I?) I have to apply it every night for a maximum effect and currently, I couldn't stand being tortured by the smell every night yet :(

So those are my night skincare routines. I usually put face mask sheet about once a week, and when I do, I skipped the Tony Moly Toner and Emulsion and sometimes skipped the Neem Oil, too. I've explained other masks that I use (clay masks, fermented oatmeal) on the previous posts about my homemade skincare here and here. I usually apply that once a week, too, alternating between clay mask and oatmeal. But since now I finished my oatmeal, I have to wait until I got my next month allowance to buy a new packet .___.

See you on the next entry!



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: