Template Mouth-watering Sprites by EZwpthemes from bTemplates. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[Review & Swatches] Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Sandstorm, Rosebud, and Just Peachy

Hola there!

I actually wanted to show you my sister's and my lipstick swatches (we spent last Sunday's afternoon trying out all of our lipsticks at our front porch trying to catch the last sunlight under the thick overcast sky lol) but we own like one or two each from many different brands so I guess I best separate the review into several posts based on the brand. 

My lipstick collection

From left to right:
  1. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color in Crazy for Coffee
  2. Wardah Matte Lipstick in Cocoa Look
  3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme in Fleshtone
  4. Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Sandstorm
  5. IN2IT (a Malaysian brand) Gel Tint in Melon
  6. A liptint sample from The Face Shop that I don't know the name of
My sister's collection
 From left to right (CMIIW I forgot to jolt down the series name and tone):
  1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey Douce
  2. Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry
  3. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Curviest Caramel
  4. Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Just Peachy
  5. Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Rosebud
  6. Milani Power Lip Gloss Stain in Macaroon
  7. Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Cannes Crush
  8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm


For this entry, I will review the holygrail of cheap drugstore brand, Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color.  My sister owns Just Peachy and Rosebud, while I own Sandstorm shades. Here's what they claim on their website.

Lips take center stage! This 4-hour, longwearing lip color leaves a semi-matte, creme finish in one stroke. Glides on easily with rich, velvety color that doesn't cake, feather, or bleed. Made with hydrating skin-care ingredients: Hyaluronic Microspheres provide extraordinary adhesion to lips, an exclusive polymer complex offers cushion-like feel and texture, and natural marine plant extracts Coenzyme Q10 and Vitamins A & E help smooth lips.
Below are the swatches on my lips. Apologize for the lip-only picture and blemishes skin, I was too lazy to put full face base make up and hijab.

Bare lips
Yeah, that's my bare lips. While I like my lips shape (enough thickness with defined cupid bow and not too wide), I hate the color. See, it's that coklat butek with dark edges a la bibir perokok. I SWEAR I DON'T SMOKE YET I COULDN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME COMPREHEND WHY I HAVE THE LIPS OF THE SMOKER. This made choosing lipstick a journey as difficult as the Sun Go Kong's journey of finding the scripture to the West. Trying to look for swatch references on the internet? Boom! The color looks totally different on my lips.

I'll show you what it means.

Just Peachy

 SEE WHAT I MEANT???? Just Peachy was supposed to be a nice sheer peachy-almost-bare look color. But here on my lips, it turned to be a very mod whitish pink. It's patchy, too, and didn't properly cover my lips in one swipe. I feel like cosplaying Nicki Minaj with this color. Where can I get that bright green wig again?

Rose-bud
 Thankfully, this Rose-bud shade works better than Just Peachy despite it's also being a bright lighter shade. It's brighter in reality, I don't think I can pull off the look with my bare face because the color is too neon bright and washed down my overall appearance. But with proper base make up, I think it's quite okay.

Wearing Rose-bud
Here's a full-face picture of me wearing Rosebud and my daily casual make up the other day.

And the last is my own lipstick, Sandstorm.

Sandstorm
This one is a perfect bare lips / MLBB (my lips but better) shade for me. A nude-but-not-washed-out-as-if-I-was-left-out-in-the-cold-all-night color. I like wearing this for my daily make up (attending classes, for instance).

Now go check other reviews and swatches on the internet. I'll put one here for easy comparison.


SEE HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE?????


WHAT I LIKE:

Seriously, this lipstick is like the hidden treasure of all make up addicts, professional or amateur. It does all it claimed it does. The color is vibrant and opaque (for the darker shades), so soft and creamy when applied (albeit sometimes the stick is a bit dry so it doesn't glide as smooth as it should be), and last quite long. I mean 4-hour staying power is amazing for a below USD5 lipstick. I guess the darker the shades, the longer it stays because when I was using Sandstorm, even if I eat and wipe rightafter, there's still some color left. When I swatched the lipstick on my hand, it left some stain even after I wipe it down. It gives a satiny-mate finish. I think the darker the shades, the more matte the finish is, but I have to wait until I own more shades to prove this theory.

You like quality products yet too broke or too cheap like me? This product is the best choice.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:

That being said, doesn't mean I don't have any objection over this product. Being as cheap as it is, there are some aspects that had to be traded off to keep the price as low as possible without hurting the company (okay I'll stop here before turning this post into an economy lecture). In this case, the traded off aspect is the packaging. I'll be frank. I HATE the packaging. It's so flimsy and cheap and frail as if it would break apart at the slightest touch. I also hate the cap and tube model because I have to be very careful and close the cap veeery slowly so as not to chip the lipstick on the cover. The possibility of breaking the stick also bigger because of the packaging.

But well with the price as cheap as IDR 37k (bought it as a preorder from a user at FemaleDaily Forum) I don't have any space to complain, aren't I? Still planning to buy more shades, though, despite my fiery hate of the packaging. I'm intrigued. Even when I'm sure I can't rock the light shades lol.

On an unrelated topic, MY LA SPLASH SMITTEN LIP TINT LOVEGOOD JUST ARRIVED and I'll get my LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss from my sister tomorrow so expect swatch post anytime soon! :3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Indira Wulandari said...

I have wnw vamp it up and really love everything about this lipstick, planning to buy more shade!

Wearing Make Up isn't a Crime

Indira Wulandari said...

I have wnw vamp it up and really love everything about this lipstick, planning to buy more shade!

Wearing Make Up isn't a Crime

Mikan said...

Hi Indira, thanks for your comment! :3 Wow Vamp it Up is a really dark shade, have you wear it outside? I have no confidence yet to rock almost-black shade ^^;