Template Mouth-watering Sprites by EZwpthemes from bTemplates. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

[Review & Swatches] LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss

Yassssss it's not even day 10 of this month yet but I already splurged my resources for new make up items. It's quite a challenge having a high class taste with a middle class pocket. Kelas menengah ngehe emang yeee maunya belanja belanji doang. Nabung apa itu nabung hah hah hah?? Budak kapitalis tidak mengenal adanya nabung.

(NAON)

Okay let's back to the main topic shall we? So last week my sister asked if I wanted to buy this lippies, too. (the name is LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss WHY IT'S SO MOUTHFUL L.A, WHY??? It's as if your R&D people closed their eyes to pick random words from the ballot and mixed everything. I'll just call this as lippies or lipsticks for the rest of this post) After much consideration (mainly on whether I have enough money to splurge) (not to mention on the amount of time we spent being confused by the different appearances of the swatches available all over the internet) I decided to buy Playful and Secret, while my sister decided on Bazaar, Fleur, and Dreamy.

I wanted a blush baby doll pink, yano', I kept buying the toned down terracotta color unconsciously and in the end I don't have much variation on my lippie colors. I am always envy by those flawless china doll-like models or bloggers or make up artists who rocks the blush baby doll pink so effortlessly. On some swatches, Timeless and Tulle looked bright neon pink, on others Playful is the bright neon hot pink one, my head hurts. Never thought there would come the time where choosing right lipstick shade would be as difficult as choosing career path.

Finally we met today after lunch time to get my lippies from her. I was kind of nervous because the night before my sister shared the pic and said that 'PLAYFUL TERANG BANGET WARNA LUARNYA PERSIS KAYAK PINK LOGO L.A GIRL' and I was like 'FUUUCCCCCKKKKK DON'T SAY THIS IS ANOTHER NICKI MINAJ SHADE FOR ME!!!'

Here's all five of it.


Here's from another angle:
L-R: Bazaar, Fleur, Dreamy, Playful, Secret.
And yep that's my sister in the background.

Here's the swatch on my inner arm:

L-R: Bazaar, Fleur, Dreamy, Playful, Secret
Annnnddd you can guess. The word 'FUUUCCKK FUCCK GIMANA INI GIMANA INI' didn't stop flowing out of my mouth the moment I swiped Playful on to my arm. Fuck. I'm screwed.

I planned to swatch all five, especially because the 3 shades are my sister's so obviously I won't bring it back home and can't try it unless I'm with her. But we were meeting at IP Food Court, and the lighting was so bad, there were countless of lamps but especially because of this the source of light is unfocused and no matter where we stood or took picture, there were always some backlights. We tried our best to take proper pictures.

Me wearing Bazaar. No edit coz Imma lazy ass.

... malah ini yang pink-nya wearable duh aing mah. I should've chosen this shade instead of Playful. Though this is still a bright pink instead of soft blush baby doll pink, it still looks okay on me. The thing is, my siblings and I are too used to share stuffs so much so when one purchase something, the others won't purchase the exactly same items. Be it novels, comics, toys, even food. And also, make up. I always feel it's a waste of money owning the same things as my sister, even though we live in different place and sometimes I needed stuffs she owns and vice versa, it's much practical to own whatever we need no matter if it's the same items or not. But well habits die hard~

At this point, I was trying to remove the drying lippies with wet wipes, and suddenly my sister said 'is this a make up remover wipes or just a regular wet wipes? Because there isn't anything such as make up remover written anywhere on the packaging' and there were more cursing as I tried to rubbed off the lippie furiously and I was grateful the food court was half empty. In the end I gave up and only put one more shade: Secret.

Secret~

Lemme tell ya: I fell head over heels for this shade. It's SO PRETTY a vampy, dark blood red matte shade, as black as your heart (ngga) I can't stop checking out the mirror to adore my lips. It's so bold, my friend Rere commented that this is not an everyday shades but devil may care, I love this shade, I can rock it and I am confident wearing it, I may as well wear this--until I'm getting sick of the shade lol. Ngga sih. I can't wear this to class. It's too bold. Not to mention being one of the only two girls in my class who wear lipsticks, a super bold one can be easily noticeable.

Bonus: Here's my sister wearing Fleur.

Fleur on my sis
It turned into a pretty neutral terracotta with subtle hint of orange. A wearable nude color on her. And then she suddenly said, 'jangan bilang ini warnanya sama ama NYX Stockholm....'



Dearest readers, if you're wondering how can a woman owns a mountain of lipsticks with the same color, here's more or less on how it could happen.

Okay. There were too many incoherent babbles up there. Let's really start the review.

WHAT I LIKE:

To tell you the truth, my L.A Splash Smitten Lip Tint in Lovegood arrived earlier but I forgot to take the on hand swatch picture so I write this entry first. I can't help but comparing these two products here.

  • Unlike LA Splash, this lippie doesn't smell. One plus point.
  • The staying power is more or less the same, both are still pretty and vibrant even after being scrubbed furiously, used for eating, drinking, even smeared by sauce and mayonnaise. Alas, the cleaning is a bit of a hassle. It has to be cleaned by an oil-base make up remover or cleansing oil or it won't budge.
  • CHEAPER. Like almost 1/3 CHEAPER. I got my LA Splash for IDR 150k and this babies are only IDR 55k each. Huuuggee plus point.
  • Though there are differences in packaging, both are sturdy enough and I have no objection over the color choice of both so I like both which comes in a clear tube, enabling us to see the color of the content.
  • The formula doesn't tighten or cracking when drying.
  • Vibrant enough with one swipe, though not the case for lighter color. Like PLAYFUL. I applied two coats and my lip color is still visible (salah sendiri warna bibirnya gelap banget)
  • The stopper is placed several centimeter from the tube rim instead of directly on the rim, so there is less products smearing the top of the applicator wand.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
  • It dries longer than LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint. Even after dry, the surface is still quite sticky. I swatched both at the same time on the same hand. After a while, the LA Splash is completely dries with smooth surface, doesn't smudge, doesn't stick, while the LA Girl is still sticky to the touch. This can be annoying.
  • The applicator has a round tip with a slight flat slanted surface on one side instead of the doe foot shape of LA Splash applicator. This shape turns out to be more difficult to use when trying to swipe the liquid evenly.
  • This is I think the case of almost all matte liquid lipstick. They dry the lips. So before applying, I have to put a fairly thick amount of lipbalm, wait for several minutes, and then apply my liquid lipstick. I also have to pay more attention to my lip's before and aftercare, applying lip balm before sleep at the very least. But this isn't really a big problem since I prefer matte finish than shiny gloss finish (because my face has already full of oil so I can't really appreciate the additional oily shine)

Will I buy more? With the amount of  other items on my bucket list (including more LA Splash from Lip Lustre and Lip Couture series, Sleek, Dose of Color, and Stila) I don't think the repurchase will happen anytime soon. Unless I unexpectedly got like five or ten million rupiah fell onto my lap without any attachment whatsoever lol. But I do want to buy some more shades from this series, including Bazaar. I need to have that pink shade.

Anyway, another bonus picture from my sister:

L-R: WnW Rosebud, LA Girl Bazaar, LA Girl Fleur, NYX SMLC Stockholm

Same shades, different texture.

*deep sigh*

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: